Sunday, December 21, 2008

A parenting class and an unplanned doc visit

So, we all know how great things have been for me over the past 3 weeks! Friday, while on the new cough medicine that makes me a little sleepy, I decided to take a nap. Well, you have to stop coughing long enough to take a nap. After coughing so hard that my lunch and hour and a half earlier was nolonger in my tummy I decided to call the doc again...... They told me to come in she wanted to see me right away. I called Eric at work and told him I was going and he quickly offered to go too (I am not one of those people who has to have someone with me), but it did make me feel better he went, driving was not something I really needed to do. Praise the Lord I was able to see my doctor, I love her. They listend to my cough and lungs and poked around. They gave me a stronger cough medicine and another antibiotic. She also wants a chest x-ray because she thinks I may have pnumonia. Well we went to test scheduling and they were closed for the day. Eric was not a happy camper, I guess it was typical husband protective mode, so sweet. I wan't happy but felt so bad I almost didn't care.... I just wanted the cough syrup... NOW!!!!! So I have to call on Monday and schedule that x-ray and Tues I have a rhonagram test and my regular appt.... the last one before I start going every 2 weeks....

We decided to forge ahead and go to the parneting class we signed up for on Sat. It was from 8:30-4. The next class they offered would have been 2 weeks before my due date and I didn't want to do that. I really enjoyed the class and meeting people, though I kept my distance. Tehy kept showing us videos of breathing and coping... thoes people looked like they were dieing... needless to say give me the drugs baby!!!!!! I learned how to do a "football" hold to bathe baby, not that I will use it,but hey I feel smarter! I love the birthing suites at St. Vincents too! They are very nice and very big. I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I'm glad you're finally feeling better! I know how the coughing-so-much-there's-nothing-left thing is...I went through 3 days of that! Thankfully mine didn't turn into pneumonia...just a sinus & ear infection. In the parenting class they showed us videos like that too - the lady was pro-natural using a differnt method than the breathing, but I'm still all for the meds!!