Friday, October 3, 2008

Honey's home!!!!!

And I am so glad! I got the best sleep last night. Not that I didn't sleep all week its just a deeper sleep when he is home. Eric brought back goodies for baby boy!!!!! I hope to get the crib this weekend. Tomorrow is my birthday and it is what I have asked my parents for. Mom said she didn't want to get me tha crib for my birthday so I told her fine. Give me a card and we can go pick up the crib.

Good news! I think most of you know about my dad's accident last year. He was on his motorcycle and a lady ran a red light an hit him. It totaled the bike and broke one bone in his left arm into 3 pieces and the 2 bones in his right hand that go from his wrist to his pointy finger. Needless to say he had to have surgery. He has 30 something screws in is left arm holding the plates in place to hold that bone together and 10 pins holding the plate in his right hand. He still doesn't really have feeling in his right thumb and when he goes to make a fist with his right hand his pointy finger curves under his middle finger, he can't keep it in its place. All that to say they got the insurance settlement!!!!!!!!! Dad was out a LOT of work, volleyball, school, driving the bus, taking sports pictures, all of it. It was a mess. Not to mention the fact that for a while he couldn't feed himself because one arm was in a full cast and his hand was also in a cast, he couldn't even hold chicken fingers with his hand. I don't know exactly how much they got but mom said it was more than the amount that they turned in for loss of pay. It also covered the ER visit and the surgeon and physical therapy. PRAISE THE LORD. This is perfect timing too because Aaron is getting married in a month and they were not sure how they were going to pay for the rehersal dinner, for 50-60 people, and all that other stuff.

Did I say I can't wait to get the crib!!!!!!!!