I am a daughter of the King and this is my story. Sometimes it is quite serious or reflective but most often comical. I am the working mom of 2 boys who strives to be the wife and mother that would make the King pleased.
Monday, September 15, 2008
What the heck?
Why do they measure how long you are preggo in weeks? I am at 17 weeks, so this morning I was thinking wow that is over 4 months so I only have like 5 2/3 months to go. So I am almost half way there but 40-17 is 23 so I guess it is farther than I thought........ Do most people have their babies at 40 weeks or earlier? Just wondering....... Oh and 9 days till we hopefully get to see what lil'bit is so we can finally give this kid a name!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I had mine at 36 weeks, 38 weeks, and 36 weeks. It's all relative...And I still think we need #1- a belly shot #2- a gender prediction post and #3- any kind of pics!
I know I think it's a boy... but I'm kinda rootin' for a girl so I can give you some of these baby girl clothes that Soph didn't even get to take the tags off of! Boo!
i had to be enduced with my girls cause they were late... must be a girl thing. the boys had a schedule c - section at 38 weeks... since they were twins everyone said they'd come early - nope!
I think it's because an average menstrual cycle is 28 days, or every 4 weeks. So they figure the conception at 2 weeks post-period.
And go from there, it's easier to measure by weeks, than by months. And everything is based on averages and percentages, so it doesn't work out the same for every mom. The docs also know that a 36 week baby is more ready than one born earlier than that based on the way a baby develops before birth. And so on for each week, the docs know about how developed they are, or not.
I had my kids: first boy at 41+ weeks, second boy 39 weeks, and my girl at 38 weeks. I was induced every single time, because: first boy, he was late, second boy, because I woke up one morning feeling "odd" and had to get checked and we decided to go ahead and get him out, girl, I just wanted her out because I was so tired of being pregnant and I wanted her born before September 1st.
did anyone else from CCA get all tournament?
Both my girls were 38 weeks exactly! YEAH!
Post a Comment