Monday, September 8, 2008

I don't feel so good.....

Well it all started Sat. morning I didn't fell so hot but not really bad either. But I should have known something was wrong when I took a 2 hour nap Sat. afternoon. Well, Sat. night it hit full force knocking me on my butt. What is it you ask? Wouldn't I like to know. I am guessing it is some sort of cold...... it is that whole get under the covers and shiver for 10-15 min before you finally get warm...... I decided to take today off, I had to call around last night to get a sub. The man who helps me coach volleyball is taking the team to Wilcox today.... it is in Camden, about a 3 hour drive from the school. This is an area game so it is one we have to play. I feel like a bum for missing a game, because in 10 years of coaching I have NEVER missed a game. But it is not about me anymore. To be honest if I didn't have lil'bit I would have just gone on but I don't think it is safe to run a fever for as long as I have. I put a call into the doc and they are supposed to call me back. I think I was on hold for 30 min just trying to get through... but I guess since it is Monday their office is being flooded with calls..... So I sit at home and wait for the return call....... I am thankful that my fever has gone down las night it was at 99.9 and today it is only at 99. My concern today isn't the high fever but having benn running a fever since Sat........ I know if this wasn't my first kid I don't think I would be worried......

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I know you must be feeling bad to miss a game! I'm sure you and baby are just fine! You can take Tylenol to bring that fever down.

Nicole said...

don't feel silly for worrying... or for missing a game. i've had 4 and with all of them i acted like it was my first pregnancy! LOL

Mom said...

Oh You've probably picked up a virus from being back around the kids at school. And being pregnant, you're immunity is probably down. The baby is fine....those little things won't pass through to it.
We all worry about the babies when WE get sick, but chances are, the babies are just fine, and we worry about nothing.
;)
Tylenol is perfectly fine, but NO Motrin after 28 weeks!!!!!! That's bad for the baby's heart.

Jen said...

I just hate it because this was the second time I have been sick for several days while running a fever. While I know the baby can't "catch it" it is not good to be pumping all those drugs into the body for more than a couple of days.....