I love to look up the meanings of names. While I know this may sound weird but the Bible talks about speaking the word and good things over your children. I believe that also includes what you name your children. For example, the name Mallory means "without good fortune." While it is not a "bad" name it is just not something I would name my child. The today show did a segament with bad baby names, not the meanings but the actual names themselves. Yes there are actually people named this.
Lets start with people named after the 7 deadly sins.......
Lust Garten, Greed Sister Mancini, Sloth Washton, Wrath Gordon, Envy Burger and Pride Saint
The Mary A.'s.......
Mary A. Jerk, Mary A. Belcher, Mary A. Killer, Mary A. Dogg, Mary A. Fool
We can't leave out the Ima's.........
Ima Hooker, Ima Reck, Ima Nutt, Ima Bumm, Ima Peacock
I hope you remember those 6th grade english lessons........
Semicolon Roat, Subject Read, Letter Wright, Comma Vowells, Verb Ruff
Here are some that are awful but definately entertaining.....
Happy Day, Mary Christmas, Harry Pitts, Tiny Hooker, Fanny Large, Wanna Towell
Do you know of any names that rank up there with these? Are there any names you can not stand?
2 comments:
I cannot stand the name Kaitlin, spelled in any of its variations.
Here in America we say Kate-lyn...but in Ireland, where it originates, the correct pronunciation is Kat-Leen...Like Kathleen.....anyway, I don't like it when every other kid has the same name.
Ima Hogg fits right in with your listings up there, and there is actually an Ima Hogg from Texas...Yessiree! LOL Or maybe it's Ura Hogg..one or the other.
I knew a Rose Bush when I was in elementary school! And what about Amanda Huginkiss
Post a Comment