Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th!

I love the 4th of July. Family parties, bbq, chips, dip and pie. It is also my grandmother's birthday. Last year we had a big party for her. This year we are going to my sister-in-law's camper on Logan Martin and plan to ride their 2 seadoos and there may be some skiing behind the boat. All of Eric's siblings will be there, well his blood siblings, I don't think his 2 step-brothers or his step-sister and their families will be there. Eric's older brother Chris will be there... he may bring a friend (not married), while Kaci and Brandon as well as Michael, Amanda and their daughter Lily Beth will be there. This is exciting because we, for the most part, only see Chris at Christmas. Michael and Kaci are in a "race" to have kids and have announced to the families that they are "trying." Eric and I are however not in the race.... nor will I announce when we start trying... but it will be interesting to see who comes out on top... oops, that was kinda punny.

Some of you may have seen on the news a story about a family of quads, the Drakes. I am so excited for them! Eric and I go to church with Tabitha and her husband, I can't remember his name he mostly has to work on Sundays so I don't see him much. They have a 4 year old daughter Mercy. They used fertility both times and I can only guess at the painful desire she had to be a mom. Well, God delivered! When we first discvered Tabitha was expecting there were 5 seperate heart beats. The doctor she was seeing suggested a "treatment" that would put salt water in her womb and the "strongest" of the babies would be the only ones left. The doctor felt as though the 5 babies would be a major risk to mom's health as well as they would all be weak when they were born. Needless to say they immediately found a new doctor. On their next visit ther were only 4 heart beats but according to the doctor that is normal. Tabitha carried all 4 babies a record 35 weeks!!!!! Most of the time it is only 28. The doctor scheduled the c-section for Tues night at 6pm, July 1st. All 4 babies are healthy and are doing great! The 3 boys, weighed 5lbs each, while the girl weighed 6lbs. What a miracle! Oh, and that is 21 lbs. of baby she was carrying around!!!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Have fun at the lake! Let's get together soon, k?