Thursday, January 29, 2009

Honey's home

Yay! Eric came home last night. I finally got some good hard sleep. They had a shower at work for me yesterday and I got lots of good stuff. I will have to post some pics of my favorites. I got a little while beanie cap with a john deere tractor on it. It is so cute, and tiny. It is hard to believe that it will fit on his little noggin. Jennifer and Michael got us a cute onsie that has an airplane on it with Corban's name on it. I also got some outfits and toys and diapers and bath stuff. Oh, and don't for get the cash!!!! I do have a few things I am going to take back I think. We ended up with a million blankets. Who can blame the fact that Target is having an awesome clearance on their winter stuff? I have to get my lesson plans together for the next 4 weeks!!!!!!!!! If I taught math that would be easy. But for history and bible?!?!?!?! Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. We have one more shower that is a diapes and wipes shower from Eric's work next Fri. While it will be great I really have no idea where we will put them, I guess it will be off to mom and dads to store them.

Question: Someone gave us a Boppy carry- in- comfort sling. Have you ever used one? Did you like it? I think it is neat but I don't know that I would use it. Trying to decided if I should return it or not. Maybe I will wait till he gets here and try it once and then if I don't like it take it back.... this thing is $35.99 at walmart...... thats alot of cash!

4 comments:

Jennifer Crawley said...

I would keep the sling until he is here and try it out. I tried a sling recently with Sarah and I didn't feel that she was very secure in it. Granted, I may not have had it tight enough. Also, don't store your diapers and stuff too far away. They go through it faster than you realize! I think we bought a box of 96 diapers for Sarah early on and it was gone in a little over a week!!

Unknown said...

I tried one of those slings with Austin (a friend had one). It made me feel like he would drop out it. Jennifer is right about keeping the diapers close...you will go through them quick! Have you gotten a diaper genie yet or wipes warmer?

Mom said...

I don't know about a Boppy sling, but I have a Hotsling that I love. It is very secure feeling and I still use it now...It can be adjusted to hold babies for a couple years...very basic and very secure. But you have to be fitted for it.
I would keep the Boppy sling and try it out a few times to see if it works for you. I find them handy when I need to cook or go somewhere where a stroller just isn't going to work out.
Some people are sling lovers, and others are not. You got to try it out and see. I wish I had a sling when the boys were babies.

Jamie said...

I never used a sling. So, unlike these experienced ladies who commented above, I would return it and get something you really needed and maybe see if you can try out a friends later and determine if you want to use one.