While this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27721638/vp/28738320#28738320 was a great way to start I was VERY offended by the "prayer" of Dr. Joseph Lowery. If you have 5 minutes you need to hear this "prayer" he offered. I don't know what god he was "praying" to but it is definately not mine. Go to http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27721638/vp/28738420#28738420 he is the former president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Where he says
"...Help us to hold on to our fellowship and the oneness of our family. Let us take that power back to our homes, our work places, our churches our temples, our mosques. Wherever we seek your will."
Um, who's will are you seeking buddy? Another statement that made me mad was...
"...Lord we ask you to help us to work for that day when black will not be asked to get back. When brown can stick around. When yellow will be mellow. When the red man can get ahead man and when white would embrace what is right."
What do you mean when white will embrace what is right? Who are you to tell me what is right? My bible tells me what is right. Are you saying that all white people are wrong in everything or just that all white people are racist?!?!?!?!?!?!? But did this "prayer" make your local news? NOPE! If a white person thad said when black would embrace what is right then we would be getting sued and racial discrimination would be all over the news. I don't like Obama just because of his politics, I don't care what color he is... I didn't like Clinton either!!!! There are stupid white people out there, and in general just stupid people out there. But don't put me in a catagory and assume I don't know what is right because I am white, you know since I picked my race and all....
Sorry, this just put me over the top. But don't tell me not to be racist and then make a remark about every race that exists. Notice the only people he embraced where black and brown people.... ok, I'm done. But what do you think?
1 comment:
I felt offended by that as well. I thought overall, Obama gave a good speech and there were touching moments. I'm in prayer daily for him and I hope he can shoulder the weight of all the hope he has instilled in our country.
Post a Comment