Monday, February 2, 2009

The doc visit.....

Went as expected... they did do an exam to see where he was. They quickly found he is head down and ready to come out. It was kinda weird because she started the exam and said, oh, I feel his head. I think it is crazy how they just know it is his head they are poking at! She also said my cervix was not helping me any... which means, I guess, that I am not dialated or anything. So I asked that must mean it will be a good bit longer before he gets here. She said it may but that she had seen people who were the same as me go home have contractions and deliver the next day. She said I needed to have everything ready to go. She also told me that my strep test came back negative! So praise the Lord! One less thing to worry about, not that I was worried they would just do what they had to do......

Question: What do I really need to take to the hospital? They told me I would need all kinds of stuff. What did you think was something that you had to have to survive?

5 comments:

Jeni said...

I went on Babycenter & they had a pretty good list of things to take. Some of them I will still leave out...can't believe it's getting so close!

Mom said...

shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, hairbrush and deodorant, tiny little baby nail clippers, socks, pajamas with easy access to the milk, cell phone and/or laptop if you can get online in your room.
toothbrush and paste, baby's take home outfit and some onesies and blankets for the hospital stay, a robe, book or magazine,breast pump and extra bottles, cameras, a tennis ball (so you can have someone roll it across your lower back when it hurts, it feels great!), slippers, a favorite pillow for you, hair band for a ponytail....
baby book so people can sign it as they visit.
and the car seat.

Valerie said...

SEVERAL outfits for baby....the whole poop thing can have you changing outfits like crazy! Ariana messed up her "going home" outfit so badly right before we left that she came home in our last set of p.j.s for her...so be prepared! I, personally, could not have lived without my camera and laptop! Don't take baby clippers! The hospital will give you a nail file and tell you not to clip the nails (even as long as they are) because the skin is attatched to the nails...believe them! I clipped one of Felicity's nails right after getting home and made her finger bleed...only FILE the nails! Of course take toiletries, a cuter hat for Corban than the hospital ones...and mittens because both my girls wanted to claw their face! Oh, and slippers!

Anonymous said...

don't forget to take Eric :0)

Nicole said...

i think they covered it... i always wore their fishnet panties but if you think you will want your own then i'd take SEVERAL pair. i always left my kids in the little shirts they put them in... i did bring them home in little outfits but thats it. we also had a bunch of snacks. chap stick!!!