Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The same ole same ole.......

Being a histroy teacher I was dreading what today would hold as far as my students are concerned. We have talked about both partys and points of view and who is for what. They can define socialism, capitalism and redistribution of wealth. But today I got to teach them a lesson they never would have learned had the outcome been any different. Don't get me wrong I don't like it! But today I was able to teach my students that sometimes life doesn't go our way, but God is still there. I had several who were almost devestated over the whole thing. I was able to tell them I am a little afraid of the future too, but that God is bigger than Obama. God also knew that unGodly men and women would rule over Christians. Seeing as how he instructs us as Christians to submit to our worldly leaders. Then we all joined together and I forced them to sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." They didn't like it at first but by the end of the song they were thinking up crazy things like He's got the terrorist in His hands.....



My most entertaining post-election t-shirt:

Pray for Obama
Psalms 109:8





If you don't know, the verse says "May his days be few; let another take his office."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I saw your belly pics on Bomba's blog..you look just like me when I was pregnant with Felicity. Your still tiny because you have great ab muscles trying to hold you in.(: This is really a compliment! By #2 your abs will be stretched and easily popping out quicker. I think you are cute, and yes, you look very pregnant for you. (;