Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I love CVS!

Well, this trip set me back more than I intended but Eric wanted the gatorade for his bike ride Sat. and the diapers were half price!!! So oop was $8.19 but I got $46.30 in merchandise!!! I also took one of Eric's co-workers to show her how to do the different transactions. She did great too!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I keep figuring different transactions in my head! I'm heading there on Sat before my little girl's bday party!

Mom said...

I would not get too much baby stuff....I hardly ever use lotion, oil (never), or powder, so you can save money by not buying/having those. Diapers are good to stock up on, but not the newborn sizes since they will be outgrown very quickly. And you may find that a certain kind of diaper is not one that you like, and will prefer one kind to another. For example, I HATE Huggies diapers. Getting a good deal on those is not worth it, since I won't use them.

Jamie said...

I disagree with Joyce (sorry Joyce! :)) I use lotion constantly. After every bath, and sometimes just to give her that 'baby' smell! But I agree with her on the oil and powder. I used the baby oil on one of the boys when they developed cradle cap... but that was pretty much it. You will definitely develop a preference for what diapers you like and buy... but if you keep CVS'n till lil bit gets here, you'll have some of everything to try! :)

Mom said...

Back to the baby lotion subject...
Some babies (like my daughter) have sensitive skin, and especially in the winter, it would be red, dry, and rashy looking. The docs call this eczema. You would think, it needs lotion to soothe it and protect it. You would be right. However, as I learned, the lotions that smell soooo good have perfumes in them, and the perfume further irritates the skin. In that case, you can use Eucerin. I would use some of that on Zemi and her skin would clear up almost immediately! Yes, it's a little greasy, BUT, you dont need that much and you'll be putting clothes on the baby anyhow.
The Eucerin was recommended by my pediatrician. Look for a CVS deal on Eucerin.