Monday, August 11, 2008

One down a million to go.........

So today was my first day of school!!!! I went all by myself like a big girl!!! I have to say I have truly been blessed with a great schedule, understanding parents and wonderful students!!! Today was not at all full of chaos, just maybe a little confusion. I didn't hand out books cause the students don't get their lockers till tomorrow.... so learning starts tomorrow. You will all be happpy to know that I am not big on homework so you don't have to feel sorry for my students, and I am nice..... as long as they follow the rules we will get along just fine. I don't have my Bible curriculum yet but it should be here any day now... I can't wait, I really like to topic for this year. I get to spend most of my time with 8th and 9th grades, which I love. I can't forget about volleyball... the 3rd love of my life (um.... God, family, volleyball.... yeah I think that works.) Tomorrow night is open house I hope it doesn't go too long. I have alot of repeat students from last year so most of them know what to expect. I love school supplies and my returning students know it so they all want to show me their cool highlighter or neato binders. They quit showing me their cool pens when I started to try and steal, .... um borrow them. But I am excited that I have several who have said thet they are excited to be in my class for a real class this year. Several of them I only had for sign language last year but I still managed to earn that "favorite teacher" spot..... man I guess I had them fooled cause now I make them do real work...... Who knows maybe they will like it!?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Just wait until they get a load of those hormones raging...

Jennifer Crawley said...

Hope you have a good day ... I hope open house isn't long! I need my husband back at home! :)