Sunday, August 24, 2008

I just wanna go to sleep!!!!!!!!

Is a phrase I have been telling myself over and over. This week has been so busy I am starting to wonder who that man is in my bed at night.

On Monday we have our first volleyball game, kind of. We played in a jamboree at Kingwood and the girls did great! Seeing as how only 4 of my players are actually varsity age... and one of those has never played a sport before, except running track. We won 2 of our games and lost the third. I didn't get home till late.

Tuesday was the political forum for Eric, it was also picture night for the volleyball team. They took pics without me because hubby comes first. After school I rushed home with barely enough time to shower and get ready for the forum. After we arrived we were told the forum as pushed back an hour and we were way early (cause they didn't tell anyone about the change). Did I mention that the forum was in the new Calera HS and that they decided to also have open house that night too (the reason for pushing it back an hour). Needless to say I was STARVING and trying to keep lil bit under controll.

Wednesday I finished volleyball practice at 4:30, as usual but stayed a few minutes to tidy up for our first regular season game on Thurs. Around 4:50 the parent who is supposed to have the concession stand cals and tell me they will be there in 30 minutes with the concession stuff. Since I can't just leave their kid with a key to the building and the concession stand I had to wait till they got there and unloaded their truck.... talk about frustrating...... Not to mention I was exhausted from the past couple of days. I had also had 1st grade for sign language that day and 3 of them managed to be hacking and coughing while a 4th kept going to the bathroom cause she felt like she was going to throw up. While I managed to keep my distance the germs managed to get me and I now have a cold!!!!!! IF YOUR KID IS SICK KEEP THEM HOME WE DON'T WANT IT EITHER!!!!!

Thursday I feld like crap but couldn't bail so armed with fever reducer and halls cough drops I managed to get through. We won our first regular season game 25-7, 25-8, 25-6. The JV won too but I still manage to feel worse.

Friday was practice till 4:30. While I still didn't feel good I decided to stay for the first couple football games for the jamboree. It was great relaxing time just to sit and unwind and the weather was wonderful. Dad came to watch Kingwood play so we had a good time.

Saturday morning at 7:00 I had to meet my team in Clanton off of the peach butt exit to go to Jackson, Al to play a regional game (aka- required) I don't know if you noticed but we drove directly into the tropical storm to play. Needless to say all week it was back and forth on all of my players going or not because of the weather. In the end they all ended up going..... on a 4 hour drive!!!!!!! I didn't get home last night till after 8:30. So here I sit today tired, sore and sick with some head cold mess that I really can't take anything for. Tomorrow we have an away game at Autauga... thank the Lord it is only an hour and a half away. After Mon. I get a break till Fri. and Sat. when we play in a tournament at Kingwood.......

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yep... that sounds like life! I miss you, girl. Did you get my messages?