Sunday, August 17, 2008

Suggestions?????

Eric and I had dinner over at the home of some close friends of ours Fri. night. While we eating dinner we were talking about lil'bit and what all we were going to do for the room and everything. Well, the husband happens to be a very talanted painter and offered to paint a mural on the nursery wall as a baby gift, if we would like. While I think it is a great idea I don't have the slightest clue as to what I would want. I know this is complicated by the fact that we don't know what lil'bit is yet. If it is a boy I am kinda thinking of a sport theme or a jungle animal theme. If its a girl I have NO idea. I personally I not by any means a frilly frufru girl but I love the girlie flowers and the whole princess theme, or maybe butterflies and dragonflies? Like I said I really don't know. While I am not opposed to a "religious" theme I don't want it to be over kill, it is a kid we are talking about. I know there are plenty on moms out there with kids of both sexes. What did you do? Did you like it? Do you wish you had done something else? I want it to be way awesome but also pratical that will last for several years. Oh well, I have to get off here. Tonight is movie night at church and Eric is bringing Chloe, our friends 4year old, home to help make rice crispy treats..... being preggo and loving sweets right now......we will just have to see if they make it to church or not tonight.......

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I have always wanted to do one of my kids room like honey i shrunk the kids... let me explain... really tall grass up the walls with big flowers and lady bugs, grasshoppers and whatever else. i think the ceiling would be blue with glow in the dark stars. it would last a few years!

or you could do polka dots for girls... giant multi color cirlces or stripes for boys... both would last a long time too!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some dragonflies!

Valerie said...

every little girl seems to have princesses, dragonflies, butterflies, and fairies...including mine. You could try to be girly without being too frilly by doing red and black lady bugs. I've always loved lady bugs and considered painting it in a yellow nursery with green plant accents. Grasshoppers would be cute in there too. You could either do them people like (with faces) or realistic. Plus, you said you wanted to do the furniture black...so it would be perfect! I also like the idea of a haiwaiian theme. Plus, you told Eric you were pregnant while on the cruise... how perfect would that be! Picture hawaiian flowers and a little girl doing a hula dance with a flower in her hair. You will have to let us know what idea you decided to go with...or that you liked. I love to hear what people are doing...

Mom said...

hmmmmm...
I think the simpler the better. You can get so tired of looking at the same thing.
I think I would just stick to one wall or an area of one wall...
But if you're brave and wont get tired of it...

I've seen someone paint a big tree, like an oak..with the branches and leaves going up onto the ceiling. Then they hung a wooden seat swing from the ceiling, as if it was hanging on a tree branch.
And you could paint birds on the branches and little bugs on the tree trunk.
If you did the whole room, then on the walls and the rest of the ceiling, I would have clouds, and starting at the baseboards would be grass, and some bugs, maybe some kittens and puppies and outdoor toys, like wagons. Or a flower garden if its a girl.

Jamie said...

We did a sports theme for Tres... and I thought it was really cute. Pendants around the border of the room... etc. We did a Hawaiian theme with Bryant. We used a Hula skirt around a table, and grass fridge around the ceiling. WE even had a bamboo rod with lantern lights that actually worked! With Soph, she has bright girlie colored animals.