Sunday, July 18, 2010

I get knocked down, but I get up again....

Yes, I know, you will be singing that all day now, you're welcome. That is the just of my life lately. I have been struggleing to maintain a good attitude. People frustrate me, not that they mean it intentionaly, I don't think but that doesn't always make it any better. I do want to let you know this is not aimed at anyone on here.

I am a working mom. While I don't enjoy my current position at work it is an end to a means and it pays the bills. So inspite of my attitude I thank God, daily, for my job He has shown me favor, just like He promised. That being said, I am SUPER busy! Most of my weekends and evenings are planned. I have had several people that I know that are stay at home moms, mind you there is nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom, turn their nose up at some of my personal decisions about my family. I don't go running to the doctor every time Corban sneezes (its not necessary and a $40.00 copay). I don't lay down and take naps with him daily. No, I can't go the 1/2 price Tuesday at the zoo, and I can't meet you at the pool this afternoon. I am not going to change my weekend plans because you decide you want to visit someone, who like you, doesn't work during the week. No, I can't go buy something that is on sale just because it is on sale, I have my boys to think about. No, I am not disappointed to be having another boy, less to buy that way. Yes, I am going back to work, having another child doesn't make things cheaper. No, we don't have a nursery for Asher all decorated because he will be in our room since we have a 2 bedroom house, which is adorable.

These questions bother me because many times it implys, to me anyway, that my husband doesn't have a good enough or a real high paying job. When in truth he has a good paying job with benefits that in all honesty, could be a little better, but who's couldn't? How many wifes can say that when they have to work to 7pm that they don't even think twice about their husband being at home with the baby and having to provide dinner and give baths? I am so blessed! I have a husband that is willing to do anything for our family. I have chosen to work for now because it makes us able to provide more for our family. Corban has an excellent nanny, who will be taking care of Asher as well. We could not ask for a more kind, God fearing, praying family. Ok, I just had to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

Jennifer Crawley said...

Amen sister!! From one working mama to another ... I hear you loud and clear!!!!

Valerie said...

I am so glad you posted this. I may not be a working mom now; however, I student taught this semester and got a *taste* of what being a working mom was all about. I, too, posted about the thankfulness I had for my husband-- who does NOT do everything the way I would do it but DOES; however, care and love my children meeting their needs in EVERY way but in HIS way. I applaud those who have to work and still keep their family running. It was absolutely CRAZY when we did it. And back when we had a one bedroom apt. we, too, dealt with the issue of not having a nursery. Felicity did not die. We look back on our apartment with love. It was our first home, we decorated it so cute, and we absolutely loved it! Girl, know that you are not alone in this journey of crazy motherhood. Those that turn their nose up at you should be ashamed. I am very proud that you do ALL you do while still having a family. I pray God blesses you!

Jamie said...

You are a fabulous mother, Jenn. From someone who has experienced both sides of the coin, I can honestly say, I think you and Eric are doing an excellent job of balancing life. Love you!