Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My big boy

Corban is growing so fast. This past Sat we made another trip to Ikea to take Eric's mom and visit with Eric's older brother. It was a LONG ride with Corban but he was not too bad seeing as how we were in the car forever.... After we arrived at Chris' apartment and were getting ready to leave for lunch, 10 minutes later, we had to bribe Corban with cookies to get him back in his car seat, not that I blame him. While at Ikea we were on a mision for the toddler cabinet locks because the "normal" ones will not work on our cabinets becaue we have Ikea cabinets, which are made different. We did manage to find them and it was great last night when Corban got mad and was trying to open the cabinets, because he knows this is a nono, and they wouldn't open. I didn't have to worry about him grabbing stuff :). While he is by no means a bad kid he is having to learn what are nono's. For a while he has been getting a pop on his hand or bottom for things but it has reached the point where he looks at you like, what? So last week started time out, which he has done twice at the sitter's house and a few times at home, I think that may be his button. He HATES standing in the corner for 1 minute, standard is 1 minute per year old the child is. While I am not a time out fan I know all kids have different things they don't like for some it is taking away toys, pop on the bottom, no tv, but lucky for us I think Corban's may be time out.

Mother's day was good Eric bought me a card and Corban "signed" it and now he loves pens..... so we have pulled out the crayons and he loves to color, mostly with the purple. We met my parent's for lunch at Johnny's Cafe, their home cookin is SO good.

I am still stuck working 10-7 this week and next and I am close in line at work for getting a "set schedule" I am praying that a 7-4 shift will be available, that would be awesome. On another note Eric and I are considering the name Emerson Jackson for li'lbit.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Ok, I have a few up so it is your turn...where are a few belly pics?! And, I love the name Emerson Jackson...VERY nice!