I am a daughter of the King and this is my story. Sometimes it is quite serious or reflective but most often comical. I am the working mom of 2 boys who strives to be the wife and mother that would make the King pleased.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
The dreaded phone call
So Corban has been running a temp this past weekend. We gave him tyolenol and motrin and they both did the trick. While Corban's first tooth didn't bother him much this second one, we thought, was giving him fits. Well he went to daycare yesterday and Eric and I went to work. After lunch Eric went to the Calera Chamber gold tournament to help out. Around 4:20 he gets a phone call from Corban's daycare. Corban has a temp of 104. something and is lethargic. THey stripped him down and put wet cool towels on him. Eric was there within 5 minutes and was on hold with the ped. office as he arrived. Eric quickly gave Corban some tyolnol and headed north. The ped office said that he could either go to after hours or they could see him in the morning. Eric was on his way to Children's after hours. In the mean time I walk out of my building at work and check my voice mail. Its Eric and Che says Corban's temp is 104 and they are on their way to Children's. I am off to Children's as fast as I can go.... When they were taken back Corban's temp had dropped to 102.5. I arrived and the staff was super nice, they sent me back to Corban's room. The doc was also super nice. She initially though it would be a virus since his temp was so high, but after looking in his ears determined it was a double ear infection. ... which was triggered by the cold he had almost a month ago....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is scary. Praying for him to be well!
Post a Comment