Friday, March 6, 2009

The poo flies too.... and other things "they" don't tell you... observations from a new mom

We all know if cold ait hits it little boys go pee. All the way into the hallway if left uncovered. Well, these past couple of weeks I have more knowledge of "happenings" and I wish to share...

1. Like I said, poo flies too. Since baby is on an all liquid diet, if you happen to be changing his diaper and the frozen yogurt machine kicks on, close the diaper back up and wait for the big finish. Otherwise you will be wearing it. The only thing that would be better is if the soda fountain kicks on and you get a soda and frozen yogurt treat all over mommy. YUM! Not to mention baby also needs a bath.... and may be screaming.

2. The grass is always greener on the other side. Since I am breastfeeding I am learning many amazing things about how God created a woman to be a mommy. While feeding from one breast the other breast begins to give sympathy milk and start to leak. Like it is saying "oh yeah, I have so much milk I am over flowing, come over here!"

3. Humans are related to birds. When I get ready to feed Corban opens his mouth and jerks his head from side to side, he looks like a baby bird waiting to be fed by mommy.

4. Being worried about the epidural and everything else hurting.... including the entire labor process is over rated. What you should be worried about is that they have good meds for you when the epidural wears off... and the day after so you don't feel those 3 packs of stitches in your, um, sensitive area.

5. While sleeping you child may look possessed by an evil spirit. They often sleep with their eyes wide open and their eyeballs continue to move, such as rolling around in the back of their heads or quickly from side to side. It is freaky.

6. Their body= soap. When you do wash their little bodies off, see number 1, they are quite slippery little people. Add screaming and squirming to the list and you are playing a life and death game of "hold on to the soap."

These are just some of my observations and adventures from the past 2 weeks stay tuned for more.....

7 comments:

Eric said...

It has been so much fun too. You are a GREAT mommy and we have the best baby in the world...and cutiest! I love you!

Jeni said...

I can totally sympathize with #s 2 & 3...

Nicole said...

Always having a changing under him

yes they make weird breathing noises too!

i was afraid to bath Jessica when she was a baby. here's some things I learned with the others... take a bath with baby and once baby is done hand him off to daddy. i had one of those foam deals that you put inside the baby's tub and those are good to use while you and baby are in the tub and always for sink baths. Shape you hand like you were doing the "L" sign... now just like that place your palm on his chest and use that "L" to hold his little floppy neck... this is good for when you're leaning him forward to bath his backside. don't forget to get all the cracks in his neck with the milk runs down... or else he'll smell rotten! LOL

Valerie said...

Oh the many things we learn in life....the things we experience, hear, wear, etc....isn't it all fun! (;

Mom said...

I always would lay a small towel over the baby after the bath, then use the towel as a grip to pick them up.

rosegirl said...

Seriously funny!!! Soooooo true, too! I love it!

Jeni said...

We had them done at Potrait Innovations - they do really good pictures & tend to be a little cheaper...although we did get a little carried away =)