Post warning: this post contains some details of labor, but I think the laugh you may get out of it may be worth the read.
Friday, Sept. 17th started out with a bang for me. At 1:59am I woke up from a deep sleep and sat up in bed. I felt as though my water had broken. After searching the web and reading I decided that I did need to go on the hospital. After gathering our stuff and making the trip we arrived around 4am. After talking to the nurse and Eric telling them I was supposed to be there at 6 anyway they went on and put me in my room, which was bigger than my last room there. While I was having contractions, so the monitor said, I was in no pain. I also requested the nurse that delivered Corban for the day and my wish was granted. Her name is Katherine and she is an awesome delivery nurse!!!!
A little before 6am they started me on the petosin to increase my contractions so Asher could make his arrival. I dialated quickly at first but then things slowed and my blood pressure was not playing nice. Finally, after some adjustments, I was fully dialated and ready to push. I remembered thinking "woohoo, here comes the real work." Katherine rushed around the room getting everything set up for delivery and the doc to have all those tools he might would need in the delivery. As customary, the nurse pages the doc and asks for permission to push. Dr. Bill grants permission and in the styrrups I go.
Kathryn checks on Asher's progress and immediately pages again asking for extra nurses and for the doc to come to the room asap. Only to be informed the doc is delivering another patient, to which she replied "Can you speed that up?". She then looks at me and tells me everything is ok but not to push. The "extra" nurses enter pull my feet out of the styrrups push my knees together and tell me not to push. At this point one lady is so serious it is cracking me up. She then informs me to not laugh, or sneeze or cough. Which is that much funnier to me and I am trying so hard to keep from busting up, so is Eric at this point.
The good doc finally arrives and tells the nurses that they called him in there for this? The doc then informs us that he has delivered the baby of another patient but had to go back to "finish" I will spare you the details. I was instructed to push as the conversation continued where we ask if it is a specific family he was delivering. We told him we know the family and he is yet again floored by the fact that I am either related to or know all of his patients, even in the delivery room. Two, 2, yes 2 pushes is all it took and Asher made his arrival. Nothing like Corban. Everything the nurses did made Corban mad, Asher just looked around as they worked. The good doc then made his exit to "finish" delivering his other patient. I am so blessed to have my boys!!!!!
2 comments:
So glad it went smoothly! You just never know!!! God is good though- Thankful you and Asher are home now!
That is amazing! So different from Corban! Now, I want more pics!
Post a Comment