This past 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster for me. Corban and I spent last Sunday at my grandmothers, along with my dad, great Aunt Jan, Brittny and Connor. I am so glad we spent the day! Corban was his very animated self and cracked grandmother up, playing with her curling iron, waving both hands at her and we can't forget the chater box he has become. Grandmother went down hill fast and last night went home. Dad was there and I got the call around 9:30 and was off to mom's to take her to Clanton. When we arrived the sweet hospice nurse was there and we were waiting on the funeral home to come. I had not decided on the way down there if I was going to see her or not, but curiosity got the best of me. I walked in her room and there she was all cuddled up under the covers with a smile on her face. We all cried tears of sadness and I am sure there will be many more to come, she was my only grandmother and we were pretty close. My parents and I had already been at the funeral home on Friday to make arrangements, the only person missing is Aaron, who is in Texas, and will be home Thursday night. So, we are holding the funeral till Friday, I know that is a long time but it is the only time he could get leave and since Aaron and I are the only grandchildren (dad is an only child, except for his half brothers and sister) the funeral waits.
When people speak of their visions of heaven they often say there are people there waiting to welcome you. I can only imagine my grandmother being reunited with her parents, brother, my granddaddy and my mom's mom standing there thanking her for being her daughter's "second mom." My mom has called my grandmother, mom, my entire life. My mom's mom died from cancer when I was 2. We were also thinking what an awesome first day in heaven she arrived just in time to celebrate resurrection Sunday. Seeing as how if Christ had not died on the cross she, nor the rest of the family would even be there. Please keep my parents in your prayers things have been tough, and to top it all off, next Sunday is dad's birthday and grandmother made him a carrot cake every year. Eric has been super great esp. since I didn't get home till almost 2 this morning......
No comments:
Post a Comment