Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Rant......mostly hurt feeings

Ok, so this has been stewing in my head for a long time and I just have to get if off my chest. Yesterday we attended my nephew's 1st birthday party, my sister in law did an awesome job on the train cake she made, if Eric took a pic I will post it later. Here is my beef, my mother in law works for Honda and has to work every 3rd Sat. so it is not like it is unpredictable. My sister in law, knowing this, still decided to have Will's party at 11am on the Sat that my MIL has to work, so she misses the party. This really makes me mad!!!!!! She wouldn't have scheduled a party when her mom couldn't make it now would she? I understand why the party couldn't be later in the day because they had a wedding to attend at 6. Here is my question. What is wrong with Sunday? I'll tell you, my brother in law is a youth pastor at a church. I get Sunday's are busy but when "church" becomes more important than your family you have bigger problems. Don't get me wrong, I know it is imoprtant but "church" is not going on between 2-4 on a Sunday afternoon. I would also like to point out that they skipped Corban's dedication, because why? Oh, I know, "church." I am pointing out they he was not preaching or anything that Sunday they just didn't want to miss being at their "church."
But wait it gets better! As the party was winding down I am standing there holding 7 week old Addy and talking to Eric's sister. My SIL runs up to us and says, to my other SIL, "Katie isn't going with me to Sweet Repeats did you still want to go?" Eric's sister replied "Yes, when do we need to go?" Then the reply "Now" and she walks off. I am left standing there as though I am invisible. I told myself that maybe this was the pre-sale and you had to have a ticket to get in, which I would have understood had I been told, but noone bothered to even acknowledge my existance. So Eric and I left to get me some lunch and Eric asked if his sister and I had made any plans because we had talked about going to the mall. I told him no that I thought Kaci and Amanda were headed to the Sweet Repeats sale. Eric then asked "Did you not want to go?" I gave a weak reply of "I was not invited" while trying not to show that my feelings really were hurt. Later that night after Eric's sister arrived at his parents Eric asked his sister if this sale had only girl stuff. She said no and explained it was the pre-sale and the sale starts today (Sun) and that you did have to have a ticket and Amanda only had 2, because she had stuff in the sale. I understand this, I really do but had it been explained up front and had I been treated as though I was invisibe we could have avoided this all together. So, here is my question. Is this all preggo hormones or would this have hurt you feelings too?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Awww.... we can go to a consignment sale! I'll be on the lookout! And we'll go on teh 50% off day! Forget those SILs.