Saturday, October 31, 2009

What a week! It all started with the news last Friday that the hospital missed the fact that my grandmother has a cracked hip and a dislocated shoulder, so to Brookwood we go. We went for a visit Sat. morning and to lift her spirits, by bringing a very alert, great-grandson..... that tried to remove her IV. After LOTS and LOTS of tests to see why she was falling so much we were given the official word on Wed. that she has cancer. Because of where it is there is no surgery. It started in her pancreas (Is that how you spell it Nicole?) and has moved to her liver. She will be getting some treatment every other week and we were told the chemicals are not too strong so she will not lose her hair. Please keep us in your prayers as it has been tough for me, she is the only grandparent I have left, and my parents. My grandmother was a single parent to my dad, she has also been my mom's mom for 27 years, since my mom's mom died when I was two.

After our trip to the hospital Sat. Eric was not feeling well when we got home, he thought it was something he ate. Well, Sun. we discovered it was not something he ate because that afternoon I was sick. I went to the doc on Mon. thinking I had the flu but the test was negative. Instead I was diagnosed with a stomach virus, bronchitis and a sinus infection. So, needless to say we have been recovering. Corban has decided he can go all night without eating but still wakes up a couple of times..... it really is good progress!

No comments: