I am a daughter of the King and this is my story. Sometimes it is quite serious or reflective but most often comical. I am the working mom of 2 boys who strives to be the wife and mother that would make the King pleased.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
He's got the whole world in His hands
There are so many things to be grateful for over the past few months; my new job, favor with my manager, good Christian people at work, exceeding my sales goals and my wonderful family. But something happened Fri. that chills to the bones and reminds us that only God is in control. Eric's mom, Gail, found a job a while back as a manager of a check cashing store. Friday afternoon there were some guys that decided to rob the store. A lady in the parking lot saw the guys get out of the car with the guns and called 911. Gail also saw the coming and hit the police panic button. She and her 19 year old employee were held, with guns to their heads, and were told to get on the floor. Gail had already started taking money out of the register when she saw them in the parking lot. They demanded to know where the safe was and Gail told them there was no safe, there really isn't, they then demanded to know where more money was and they directed them to some drawers where they took the rest of the money. They forced Gail and the girl to hide and they took off back out the front door. There was one policeman there who saw what was going on and shot out the tire of their car. It turned into a police chase, the robbers wrecked the car and one guy was caught in the car while another ran and they caught him on foot, they are still looking for one more guy. I don't think she is going to go back to work there, not that I blame her. Pleas keep them in your prayers, Eric's dad has not had a job in months and now this with his mom. Please pray for jobs and for God's healing of a tramatic experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's scary. Glad everything is ok.
I had to do the pumpkin patch this year - I've had that dress for a year!! It was given to us by a friend of a friend, and I know it would be too small next year. I've thought about the Polar Express, mainly because I think I would like it! Not sure she would though...
Post a Comment