This past month has been a lulu for me. I have changed positions at work, which has had its challenges but I like it way better. Corban is growing up so fast! While Asher has had all of our attention the past couple of weeks.
It all started the Friday before last. The boys were in my work back up daycare because their babysitter was on vacation. Asher came home on Friday a little off and running a low grade fever. By Sunday he was just puny with a temp. On Mon the daycare called to tell me he was running a low grade temp, which I knew, and he was pulling at his ears. After being through the ringer with Corban and his ear infections I decided to take Asher to the doc. Keep in mind our real doc is on vaction this entire time. They checked him out and said there was noting wrong so it must be a virus, and he is cutting a top tooth.
On Fri. his temp spiked to 102.5, so, back to the doc we went. This time they did the exact same thing as the last but pricked his finger. They didn't find anything wrong but said his white blood cell count was high so it is still just a virus to rotate the meds. So basically $80.00 in copays for nothing..... except we did find out that he lost 5ozs from Mon-Fri.
Fast forward to Wed. and he is still running hot. We call the doc office again and the nurse soounds suprised he still has a temp but tells us there is nothing we can do. So, we called our doc, who is on vacation, she was not happy (she is a friend of ours and we were not trying to bother her on vacation). She told us a few things to do that the other doc didn't and if he was still hot on Fri to take him back and tell them to run some specific tests on him, "that she said so."
Well on Thurs before lunch, his temp hit 105. Eric took him back tot the doc (saw a different one than the first 2 visits b/c apparently she graduated last in her class or something) and they ran a TON of tests; cathiter b/c he wasn't peeing, blood work but his vein collapsed, xrays and other stuff. They found an ear infection which he believes to be secondary, meaning it looked like the virus caused it. He gave Asher a massive shot and said if he was not noticably better by morning to call b/c he was sending us to Childrens.
Thurs night Asher decides to puke and poop on me, mind you it has been liquid poop for a week now, some days 3-4 times. A couple of hours later he starts to cry but produces no tears and we have gone 9 hrs with no pee. So, off to Children's ER we go. After some iv fluids he looks much better. On Friday it is back to the doc for a follow up where we do the blood work and get another shot for his ear infection b/c his stomach can't handle the meds. Finally, yesterday, he had no fever all day and started his meds for the ear infection! So, we are still very tired and whiney buy, thank God much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment