That being a mom of 2 boys would keep me running all the time....... but that is life in the fast lane. God has opened a couple of door for me personally which means change for the family.
Change # 1...... I started a new position at work on Thursday of last week. I am no longer on the phone, unless something happens, I now get to respond to emails and chats that come through on a secured system we have. While it will not allow me to be as chatty with customers I am in an area where I can chat with my coworkers while getting my work done which is so much better!
Change #2...... I am now the assistant director of the nursery at church. It involves working every 2,4,5th Sundays and keeping things running and on time. One thing I really do like is all of the kids get to come out of the classroom and go to activity rooms and they go to another area where there are puppets and singing where they learn a short lesson about Jesus. They go by age groups to their activity areas so it is nice and age specific.
Change #3...... We have learned the word "no." There are several friends and family members that only call when they need or want something. Like to borrow this or that or they want you to watch their kid. While we have been nice and done the "right" thing, we are tired. Nothing has been give and take it has all been give for us and lets just say that burns bridges...... Oh, and it is not called babysitting, when it is your own kid.
1 comment:
Those are some changes! Exciting stuff though. I'm learning the word "no" myself. If I don't want to do it, then "no."
Post a Comment